Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Creative Complex: Tree

Hello, Woodland Creatures.

By the way, if you were wondering why last week's Creative Complex was so open, it's because I wanted you to have no limitations, except that of your imagination. That way, you could write the first thing that came to mind, you could explore lands you might not get to if I told you: "Think of this part first, this part second. . ." and so on. Do not forget my friends, you are capable of more than you believe. (If you're wondering why I'm telling you this now and not last week, it's because I didn't want you to have an explanation. It's complicated. Maybe I'll write an On My Mind post about it.)

Sometimes, however, making specific steps for a Creative Complex does help, because it gives you a starting point, and maybe challenges you to think in different ways. I'm not saying one or the other is bad, in fact, they're both needed in writing.

Now, back to today, use a real tree or make up a species of tree that has magical powers. It can have healing abilities, be a character, have leaves of gold and silver like in "The Twelve Dancing Princesses," whatever you want.

As always, have fun!
Spruce Nogard
Attributions: https://pixabay.com/en/old-oak-oak-old-bark-landscape-396389/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.