Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Writing: Creative Complex: New Rebellion

Hello, Friends!

A few weeks ago, I asked you to consider what it is in book, movie, etc. rebellions that make them so. . . awe-inspiring. (Here is the link to that post.)

And, here are more words to describe that feeling. It's that feeling that makes your skin all tingly and makes you want to show respect to this cause. As I said before, it's really hard to describe.

In my previous post, I couldn't really think of examples. However, I've had time to ponder it, and here are some:
  • The song at the end of Star Wars: A New Hope when Luke and Han Solo are receiving their medals
  • "The Hanging Tree" song from Hunger Games*
  • This isn't really a rebellion, but when Don Quixote dies and that whole scene, and the funeral song
 If you want, you can ponder on this, create a new rebellion, or just play with emotions and how to draw them out in your story.

Here is the ending theme of Star Wars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=248ggPoK158 (The first part demonstrates this well.) 


*Just because I have "The Hanging Tree" as an example does not mean I have read or endorse Hunger Games. In fact, I do not like the premise of the story or dystopian fiction, and I have heard the ending of the series is not. . . particularly a "happily ever after." However, I have family members who like it and listen to the music. :)

Spruce Nogard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.