Monday, August 8, 2016

Books: Favorites: Sherlock Holmes

Good day, Friends!

Today, I am going to explain in more detail why I love the Sherlock Holmes series. There are three main reasons I love them:

1) Logic
Sherlock Holmes uses an enormous amount of deduction and logic. This leads to thinking and realizing things I would not have otherwise realized because of Sherlock's unusual thought process.

2) Enjoyment
Watson's retelling, and the highly unique variety of cases Watson chooses to write about, makes for good reading.

3) Familiarity
I've read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote twice, and some three or four times. Even though it is odd I read them repeatedly because they are mysteries, and some are murder mysteries, it is always comforting to return to 221B Baker Street.

Almost everyone has heard of Sherlock Holmes, but if you haven't, look him up. :)

On a side note, Sherlock Holmes is popular today because of many shows, like the BBC Sherlock, and others. However, I do not prefer these shows because they never depict how I imagine Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, or anything else accurately. I believe if you want to know what the real Sherlock Holmes is like, you have to read the original stories.

Do you like Sherlock Holmes? Have you seen any of the Sherlock shows?

Spruce Nogard
Attributions:
https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Sherlock-Holmes-Arthur-Conan/dp/0486474917

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.