Monday, August 28, 2017

Extra Week Post: Character Complications*

Hello Friends!

I started school recently, so I haven't been as on top of this blog as I usually am. Sorry about that!

Today, we are talking about character complications. I know we've talked about character habits, but this is a little different. Character Complications are things that cause issues for your character. These could be physical, mental, or spiritual.

Physical Examples:
  • Allergies
    • It's always fun to think outside the box, so what are some really weird allergies you've heard of? Does your character have an allergy to the sun? (I discovered, unfortunately, that there is a possibility I am allergic to sunlight. I mean, honestly?)
  • Paralysis--partial or full
  • Limitation of senses
    • I mean, things that are wrong with your senses. For example, deafness, blindness, not being able to feel your fingers or toes, etc.
Mental Examples:
  • Learning disability
  • Medical conditions
Spiritual Examples:
  • Struggles with faith, belief, etc.
 Now, why? Why might character complications be useful?
  • To give your character depth as a person/etc.
  • To make your story more interesting
  • To question things in the real world
 Spruce Nogard
*Post actually written September 5th. See here for details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.