Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Creative Complex: Imaginary Friends

Good Day, Friends!

Many of you probably had imaginary friends when you were little. Ask your parents if you don't remember. By the way, there's no need to be embarrassed about it. This study shows 65 percent of children have at least one imaginary friend by age seven. Also, the study shows it is, in fact, healthy, for children to have imaginary friends and play "pretending" games.

Anyways, back to the prompt, I would just be curious to hear about your imaginary friend(s). How much do you remember about them? Were they based on characters in books, that you heard about, or anything else? Post in the comments!

I had imaginary friends. They were all of Aslan's creatures and Aslan, and all of the White Witch's creatures and the White Witch, from The Chronicles of Narnia. (The White Witch was mean and obnoxious sometimes, but never cruel and awful, like she is in the books. :) ) I remember a fair bit about them, actually. . . Only the good animals were allowed in the car on the way to kindergarten, (and then only if they fit), and the good animals got to sleep in my bed with me, while the White Witch and her creatures had to sleep on the floor. My mom told me that once, we were eating at a Target food court, and I wouldn't talk to her because I kept talking to my imaginary friends. They were invisible. :)

Have fun digging up your childhood for today!

Spruce Nogard


Attributions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.