Saturday, September 3, 2016

Combination of Tons of Topics: Mirror Mirror, Follow Follow, and Echo Echo

Hello, Friends. Or, should I say Friends, hello?

You see, I was just thinking about poems that have different meanings if you read them from top to bottom or bottom to top.

As you know, this is the "fifth" week this month, so to keep the post schedule going on a monthly basis, I kind of do whatever I want for the Monday and Saturday posts. Today, I am partially writing  a Mental Library post, Book post, a Fairy Tale post, and partially writing a Creative Complex post.















The type of poem: nicknamed "reverso" poems, because they can be read two different ways.

The book(s): Mirror Mirror, Follow Follow and Echo Echo.

The poems are so amazing because if you reverse the order of the lines, you read a different poem, but it makes sense. Also, they're amazing because even though writing a "reverso" poem looks easy, it's not. I've tried.





One of the best things about the books is this: they are based on fairytales and mythology!!! What could be better?

Sorry, but I don't think I can copy a poem or a picture of the page, especially since I don't own the book. :( I wish I did, though. I should really just go buy it. . .  so I'm going to link you to a poem which displays cool perspectives, and I really like.




"In the Hood:" https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhqFK_-zH0KmpUFJZN7lxzNrXam9gF-yt7kQBn0VpGss1ypF4Y3_eC_-Ul1dPS_VR5Ry0YqQ1x5u-NIHGpaE5Q5N24l7M5U_OvnhlsGy47bHIEk-quluj-835PYXSK_ya73BUBhVGU9oxQ/s1600/Mirror+Mirror_Riding+Hood.jpg

Also, as an extra challenge, try writing a "reverso" poem yourself. (Just start with two or three lines.) Share your poems in the comments!

Good luck!
 Spruce Nogard
Attributions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.