Saturday, December 24, 2016

Genre of the Month: Holiday

I know this isn't really a genre, but there are enough books about the holidays that it could make its own genre. I am going to be talking about childhood Christmas books mostly, because the holiday books we have are Christmas ones, but post about whatever books you want.

Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell. This book is a picture book about the animals in the stable where Jesus was born. The illustrations are beautiful, and the words are soothing. I have read this book ever since I was little.

The Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt. Another picture book, this is the story of three trees who all have different dreams. But as the woodcutters come to cut them down, they are disappointed, because it seems like their dreams will not be fulfilled. . . Again, we have read this book around Christmas time for as long as I can remember.

Mimi's Christmas, also by Martin Waddell. This book is about a family of mice who just can't wait for Christmas. I loved this book when I was little.

❆Happy holidays, Friends. ❄

Spruce Nogard

Attributions:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible after approval. Thank you for your patience.